These are button links. Just click to go to check out the page.
Horse Designs in my Cafepress Shops
Horses on Cafepress
Horses are my inspiration. A horse theme surrounds me every day. Horses are what started me drawing in the first place, before I ever mounted one. I grew up on tales of Black Beauty and the adventures of other horses in books. Back then, rare was the book without a horse theme to it. I still enjoy a good western and am more likely to dream of Little Joe's pinto Cochise then Little Joe. And never mind Matt Dillon, I'm too busy admiring his buckskin. From the white lippizan stallions of Austria to the western wild mustang, I love them all. Model horses decorate my shelves and occasionally 'pose' when I get stuck trying to get an angle right on a drawing I'm doing. I'm a horse lover still and though it's been awhile since I've been able to ride, I miss hanging out with my equestrian friends. But they are always in my heart.
Starhorsepax Designs originally started on Cafepress. However, due to the changes to the service that are not good for artists, these shops are no longer updated or maintained. However, the products are still available. Click on a link in the 'frame' should still work, however Cafepress does not make it easy for artists to integrate with their own site. Odds are you won't find my stuff easily going through the marketplace and if you do, not only is it possible you will pay more for it, but I (the artist) also get less.
- The first Shop, Starhorse Creations, is the catch all. That's where I began.
- American Horses focuses on breeds born in the USA, including Morgans, Quarter Horses, Mustangs, Paints, Appaloosas, Tennessee Walkers, Saddlebreds, etc.
- Horses Far and Wide basically covers any 'light' horse breed around the world.
- Pony and Draft is just what it sounds like, ponies, small horses and heavy set, draft and farm horse types.
- Appaloosa is the only shop done purely for one breed type.
I find appaloosa's fun to draw and color. Their splashy markings make them stand out in a crowd.
For those who don't know, appaloosa's are a breed of horse featuring spots either over all or part of it's body.
These shops are dedicated to one overall design theme.
- With 'Stay Wild Horse' it's a bucking wild mustang.
- With 'Paint Horse' it's mostly 'Keep the Cowboy, Just give me his horse." It features a paint horse performing a sliding stop.
- With 'Andalusian' it's "Keep Prince Charming, just give me his horse." This features an andalusian stallion cantering. (Horse available without text in Far and Wide, as well as on Zazzle.
- With 'Mustang VS Cougar' it's a blood bay mustang in combat with a cougar, mixed media design.
- With 'ROAR for ROAM'features that same mustang, alternating with another buckskin stallion. ROAM refers to the Restore America's Mustang's act, which is movement to get congress to stop cutting into the lands originally given to them by the Wild and Free Roaming Horse and Burro Protection Act, signed in the 70's and recently gutted to allow mismanagement by the Bureau of Land Management.